Based on a Pre-Columbian textile, Cintas features a design of irregular boucle stripes on a subtly textured ground. The inspiration for this colorway comes from the vibrant Huayruro seeds, which are grown in the Peruvian Amazon and have been used for centuries as colorful jewelry and to bring good fortune to their wearer. These vibrant stripes transverse a ground of chocolatey brown.
- Reflects light and resists solar radiation
- Does not retain water
- Does not create static
- Is resistant to breaking and pilling
- Has a natural affinity for color
- Is hypoallergenic
- Is stronger, warmer and lighter than wool
- Is silky against the skin and velvety to the touch
Prima Alpaca is always in stock.
Because our Prima Alpaca textiles are woven from natural – and not synthetic – fibers, they have characteristic irregularities that are considered part of their charm. The variation in dark and light fibers adds depth and movement to otherwise what would be a flat and dull surface. They also make each yard subtly distinctive and special.